Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 55:

Day 55: I am still working on squats, and then I added in sprints on the treadmill inbetween sets. It felt really good taking off yesterday and even sleeping in. This morning, I had my alarm set for 5 a.m., but I must've still been sleepy because I snoozed until 6. Oops.

This afternoon, I took Emily to the park and she rode her bike and I "ran." I use the term loosely, of course; I am so not a runner. Although, I could make it half way around before I had to stop and trot a bit. Emily was not one to wait on me, either. She wanted to GO--especially now that she's learned how to ride. Perhaps Dale can keep up with her on his bike next time and I can practice my mad jogging skills while they're miles ahead of me.

No side stitches this time until close to the second time around. We stopped for a drink break and went around one more time. Came home, had a protein drink.

2 comments:

Cafeaulaitskinnyandsweet said...

I set my alarm for the weekend and never heard it go off. This is happening more and more throughout the week, too.

I ran Harrison Park today. I pulled something in my butt again, and with the skyrocketing price of gas, my trips to Riverside Park from my house will be less and less. I'm planning on riding my bike to and from school for ESY. If you want, we could ride to SE together, and then I can go to Chisholm from there.
:-)

Tracy said...

Oh no--not the butt muscle. That hurts like crazy!

Sounds like we both need more sleep! Can't wait for June! I think there's a week off before beginning ESY, thank goodness.

Yeah, those trips to Riverside Park is a little far for these gas prices. Your bikes rides will certainly save you some money, though. I'm not sure I'd be able to swing it with taking Emily to school and then coming home, then riding to school.