Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 56:

Day 56, and I feel like I'm finally getting some training wind back. I have a few ideas of how to fix some things, I am on track with nutrition and it seems that all I need to do is wait for my body to respond. This whole things is like another second full-time job with the numbers, the planning, the execution and the numbers again.

I left my lower body alone this morning and hit upper body. I really liked that squat and pull that worked the upper back last week, so I tried to do it again here at home.

I had been having trouble fixing protein shakes on the days when I taught sophomores (not their fault--just my busy days), so I pre-made my shakes, had them ready to grab out of the refrigerator at work, and sucked them down. The kids always ask me what I'm eating/drinking this time, and I usually have them grossed out before they leave.

"What do you mean that's cottage cheese and peanut butter?"

1 comment:

Cafeaulaitskinnyandsweet said...

LOL on the cottage peanut butter combo. I get the same response from my students when I eat cottage cheese with protein powder.

Oops! Forgot about you having Emily this summer! I'm trying to figure out a safe bike route to Chisholm. The west side has a bike path most of the route. One teacher and a para ride their bikes to school. I wish the East side would build a path.