Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 76: The day's half over already!

I slept in SO late! 7:00. Haven't slept that late since -- I think I was sick when I slept that late. The storm woke me up in the middle of the night whenever that was, but I don't think I had trouble going back to sleep. I feel a little groggy with all of this sleep, but I'm sure I'll work through that with some coffee.

Day 76: I've learned that feeling guilty over taking time off from an intense exercise plan is silly. This time needs to be taken in order to provide absolute muscle rest and be given an opportunity for those muscles to spark when restarting the plan.

My lower body is crazy sore this morning, and it's a good sore. I haven't felt this in a long time, so taking the time off really helped. I'm also quite happy that I made it through a Saturday without feeling deprived of carbs. No one tempted me with wanting to go out to eat, and no one mentioned having any of my cheat foods--there was the moment when my other half wanted ice cream for dessert, but I made my sweet egg/strawberry thingy and was quite happy with that.

2 comments:

Cafeaulaitskinnyandsweet said...

I slept until 8:30! Part of that came from me not being able to go to sleep until 1:30 a.m. I finally took a pill to help me sleep. I've been groggy all day.

Glad the AD and the workouts are going okay. Have you felt an energy surge yet? Speaking of Surge, I ordered some supplements from Biotest. I hope it's here by the weekend.

Tracy said...

I hate the feeling of not being able to sleep and then just dragging through the day.

I haven't really felt an energy surge, yet, and I've really had no energy all day today. I took a nap this afternoon that helped, but I'm looking forward to that boost. Hopefully it's coming soon.

Biotest is usually very good about getting their supplements out pretty quickly. I bet you'll get them way before the weekend.