Friday, May 16, 2008

Days 66 & 67: Revamping the System

Days 66 & 67: The other day I was thinking about going off plan until the end of the school year and then restarting on May 24th--a Saturday. The more I think about it, the more I'm going to do it. I'm going to continue to do cardio only, eat a moderate to higher carb diet (not crazy, just good, healthy foods), then do the anabolic diet again. I think what made it so successful is that I was eating low-carb/high fat, but I was also in a higher calorie range which was probably right for my system. This resetting of my body with the higher carbs for the next week and a half and then suddenly going low-carb with higher calories should theoretically shock my system. I'm all about experimentation. :)

My cardio has been so far in the 50 minutes to 60 minutes range with an incline of 1-8% at 3.0 - 4.0 miles per hour. I've also discovered that I seem to have the most energy in the 7:00 a.m. range which totally goes against my schedule, of course. Even this summer, I won't be able to use that energy for my workouts. So, I just deal with it the best I can. I am already envisioning the early-morning cardio workouts and then the early afternoon weights workouts at the Y. Summer school gets out at noon, so I'll be heading to the gym to take advantage of something other than my home gym. Perhaps I can even perfect my squat.

No comments: